Hi, All.
I hope you’re well.
This letter has various types of information so please skip down to the one/s of interest. You don’t need to be a member to enjoy our resources and information posted on our website at https://table-talk-celebrate.blogspot.com. Some posts include previous topics or suggestions.
TOPICS:
1. Meeting Schedule
2. A few topics for upcoming meetings
1. Meeting Schedule
We have a small group, room for more, and it’s one of the activities people can join if they’re still working. All are welcome!
Meetings are scheduled for the following Mondays at 7PM in the Rappahannock Room.
September 4
September 18
October 2
October 16
November 6
November 20
December 4
December 18
2. A few topics for upcoming meetings
In our last meeting, we discussed death again. It’s apparently on our minds. How do we make plans if we have few family members who could manage our medical and final decisions? How do we take care of ourselves when we have needs and “don’t want to be a burden?” The topic of our community’s shuttle service came up again as it’s another option to help us get around. If you need information about it, there are fliers in the lobby - if you don’t see one, please ask at the front desk.
We also discussed the importance of checking on neighbors and asking them to check on us. I live in a section of our neighborhood where the neighbors are just great and I’m sure they’d notice if we are not around or if we’re not picking up our mail. Have you made arrangements with your neighbors? Did you exchange contact information and do you have one of those medical plastic sleeves with information around your doctors, medicines, and next of kin? I’m interested in learning what you have done.
We also talked about emergency supplies. I’m on the Consumer Reports mailing list and they have an article called “How to Survive a Prolonged Power Outage.” Interesting reading and great tips! https://www.consumerreports.org/home-garden/home-safety/how-to-survive-a-prolonged-power-outage-a1579830430/ Additional storm preparedness links are provided and if you cannot read one of the articles, please let me know and I’ll get the information to you.
Do you have some tips, websites, podcasts or books you can share with us?
Please bring a list of any of the following:
- favorite websites
- your subscription magazines - how did you choose and what’s important to you about them?
- names of a few books you’ve recently read
- summary of recent articles of interest
- topics on your mind
We’ll use the list to determine topics.
I hope to see you on Monday, September 4.
Cheers,
Marcia
Marcia Stein, SHRM-CP PHR
C 408-203-9112