Sunday, January 15, 2023

January 15 email for Monday's Meeting

Hi, All.

I hope you’re well. 


This letter has various types of information so please skip down to the one/s of interest. Information is also posted on our website at https://table-talk-celebrate.blogspot.com.


TOPICS:

     1. Upcoming Meeting

     2. Topics


1. Upcoming Meeting


The January meetings are scheduled for Monday, 1/16 at 7PM in the Rappahannock Room.


2. Topics


At the last meeting, we talked a bit about the holidays, President Kennedy’s assassination, 9/11, biased news outlets, travel, and I don’t know what else! It’s interesting to hear how others experienced President Kennedy’s death, what it meant to them, where they were when it happened, what does it signify in the course of history. It was a wide-ranging and very enjoyable discussion.


Do you listen to podcasts? These are talk shows you can hear the website, and others can be heard through iTunes, a podcast app, Spotify, Amazon Music, or something similar. Here are a few “stations” I listen to as I walk. (There are a few more favorites but since they’re political, I’m not sharing here.)


Science Friday is at https://www.sciencefriday.com/science-friday-podcasts/ 

Fresh Air is at https://www.npr.org/podcasts/381444908/fresh-air and I recently listened to the interview with Tom Bell, the creator of the Philly Sound. You’ll hear lots of good music clips and an interesting interview at https://www.npr.org/2023/01/04/1146939762/remembering-a-creator-of-the-philly-sound.

        The Hidden Brain has a wide variety of topics. https://www.npr.org/series/423302056/hidden-brain 


Please bring a list of any of the following:

  • favorite websites
  • your subscription magazines - how did you choose and what’s important to you about them? 
  • names of a few books you’ve recently read
  • summary of recent articles of interest
  • topics on your mind

We’ll use the list to determine topics.


I hope to see you Monday night.


Cheers,

 

Marcia

 

Marcia Stein, SHRM-CP  PHR 

C   408-203-9112