Friday, May 30, 2025

Mailing for June 2 Meeting

 Hi, All.

I hope you’re well. 

We all get a lot of email and if you would like to be removed from my personal email list, please just let me know.

You don’t need to be a member to enjoy our resources and information posted on our website at https://table-talk-celebrate.blogspot.com. Some posts include previous topics or suggestions.

We have a small group, room for more, and it’s one of the activities people can join if they’re still working. All are welcome! Meetings are scheduled for the following Mondays at 7PM in the Rappahannock Room.

June 2
June 16 

I'd like to point you to a couple of interesting articles and events. We can discuss these or a topic of your choice.

1. Deuntay Diggs, Chairman of the Board of Supervisors was at the lodge and talked about developments in the area and the proposals for a bridge. You can reach him via his website https://staffordcountyva.gov/government/elected_and_appointed_officials/board_of_supervisors/georgewashington.php#:~:text=Mr.,the%20Joint%20Schools%20Working%20Committee. and read an article about the bridge at https://www.fredericksburgfreepress.com/2025/05/29/river-crossing-option-c-gets-a-passing-grade-from-stafford-supervisors/.

2. I still don't understand the direction of Bitcoin but have been reading up on it. Here's an article on the 1440 site. https://join1440.com/topics/bitcoin?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=discover_share&utm_placement=clipboard

3. 1440 also has an interesting article about Ancient Egypt and there are links to articles about other ancient civilizations. https://join1440.com/topics/ancient-egypt?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=discover_share&utm_placement=clipboard 

4. LiveScience has a lot of great articles. www.livescience.com

5. I recommend a documentary on Netflix called "The Quilters" about prisoners (who had to be vetted" who made quilts for foster children.

6. Smithsonian Associates offers a variety of programs in person and online. https://smithsonianassociates.org/ticketing/programs/?utm_source=Meta&utm_medium=Social-Ads&utm_campaign=CAP25Q3-PM&utm_content=Dynamic&promo=280036&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0BMABhZGlkAasbZr9XPhoBHocxjuOuIqpMmuq0afn_6hDOWrQGLulXoPkatwFMtYf6kNMVPogBhd2RZpmN_aem_H9QJky5k_5OKu4PCsSWo-Q&utm_id=120219837873660042&utm_term=120219837873710042


As always, bring your own topics!

I hope to see you soon.

Cheers,

Marcia