Friday, February 16, 2024

February 16 mailing for 2/19 Meeting

 Hi, All.

I hope you’re well. I’m ready for Spring: how about you?


We all get a lot of email and if you would like to be removed from my personal email list, please just let me know. If you receive mailings via our Celebrate website’s forum, only you can control those mailings.


This letter has various types of information so please skip down to the one/s of interest. You don’t need to be a member to enjoy our resources and information posted on our website at https://table-talk-celebrate.blogspot.com. Some posts include previous topics or suggestions.


TOPICS:

1. Meeting Schedule  

2. A few topics from the last meeting and for upcoming meetings


1. Meeting Schedule: Save the dates  


We have a small group, room for more, and it’s one of the activities people can join if they’re still working. All are welcome!


Meetings are scheduled for the following Mondays at 7PM in the Rappahannock Room.


February 19

March 4 - Bill and I will be out of town but you can still use the room for visiting and conversation

March 18


2. A few topics from the last meeting and our upcoming meeting


Our last meeting was scheduled for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and because it was snowing, we cancelled that meeting. I refer you to that post at  if you’d like to view the links.


Here’s what I’ve read, watched or listened to lately. Maybe there’s a topic of interest for you.

  • Jeff Stein [no relation] - national security reporter and contributes to military.com - on SpyTalk Substack https://www.spytalk.co/. The articles and experts are fascinating.
  • Military News reports on issues facing our military and world events

https://www.military.com/


The University of Mary Washington’s Crawley Great Lives series is listed at https://www.umw.edu/greatlives. In-person lectures are listed along with videos of past lectures. I have watched several and found them worthwhile. If enough of you are interested, maybe we can have a field trip.


The link for the Road Scholar course called Spies, Lies & Intelligence: The World of International Espionage has a book list is at https://www.roadscholar.org/find-an-adventure/16126/Spies-Lies-Intelligence-The-World-of-International-Espionage. Just scroll down to the “Reading List” link in red font and you’ll find the books. Several are older and there are lots of related books if you look on Amazon.


Film: “The River and the Wall” documentary can be viewed in full for free on YouTube. Please do a search online because when I try to add the link, it inserts the movie, a no-no for a mailing list like this.


Books:

James Gilbert lives here and has two books listed on Amazon about military intelligence. You can see his author’s link at https://www.amazon.com/stores/James-L.-Gilbert/author/B001HMLEQ4?ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1&qid=1707697789&sr=8-1&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true. The local library may have them.


Virginia Hall, a spy in WWII, has had several books written about her and you can find them on Amazon. The one that was recommended was “A Woman of No Importance” by Sonia Purnell.


Medical: the following 2 paragraphs have medical links. As with our other links to medical options, please discuss ideas and possible changes with your doctor. We are not in a position to give anymore medical advice.


We discussed alternates to prescription medicines and sound wave treatment (Rife) utilizing frequencies to treat conditions. You can search for videos on YouTube. 


I like The People’s Pharmacy at https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/ for articles and podcasts.


I hope to see you on Monday, February 19.


Cheers,

 

Marcia

 

Marcia Stein, SHRM-CP  PHR