Sunday, November 6, 2022

November 6 email

Hi, All.

I hope you’re well. This email is sent to people who have expressed interest or attended one of our evening conversations. To be removed from my direct email list, just email me. (I also post on the community’s discussion board and cannot remove you from that mailing list.)


This letter has various types of information so please skip down to the one/s of interest.


TOPICS:

     1. Upcoming Meeting Schedule

     2. Topics for this week

     3. Organizing, Volunteering, Chartering, A Planning Meeting

     4. Name Change?


1. Upcoming Meeting Schedule

We’ll meet the 1st and 3rd Mondays at 7PM in the Rappahannock Room. The next meetings are 11/7 and 11/21 at 7PM. The first meeting of the month will be planning and organizing the next meeting plus casual conversation with a few possible topics, and the second meeting will be chat (with optional topics) and/or a guest speaker introducing a topic.


2. Topics for this week

I usually walk around the track in the late afternoon. Sometimes I talk with others as we walk and other times I listen to music or podcasts. Here’s what I’ve been listening to this past week and they contain some ideas for discussion.

     A. I started to listen to “All There Is With Anderson Cooper” which is a series of podcasts about grief. I found it through Apple Podcasts, and it’s also on https://www.cnn.com/audio/podcasts/all-there-is-with-anderson-cooper.  

     B.There is another podcast called “An Arm And A Leg” by reporter Dan Weissmann about the cost of healthcare and what we can do about it. https://armandalegshow.com/episodes/

     C. I find “Hidden Brain” to be a fascinating series of conversations about a wide variety of topics as they relate to neuroscience. https://www.npr.org/series/423302056/hidden-brain 

     D. “The People’s Pharmacy” is another NPR show and this one features two pharmacists updating us on health news and interviewing various specialists. As always, when you consider additional health information, I recommend asking your physician about it as only that person has an overall view into your health. https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/ (There is a newsletter you can choose to receive.)


3. Organizing, Volunteering, Chartering, A Planning Meeting

Are you interested in helping as a planner in chartering our group? Would you consider volunteering to be an officer? If we organize, find officers and paperwork is complete, I can pass it by Shelby and introduce the idea to the Board for approval in the 1/17 meeting. We’ll need a President, Vice President and Secretary. Please email or call and let me know if you’re interested and we’ll schedule a planning meeting.


4. Name Change?

Final thought: what do you think of changing the name to “Round Table Discussions?” Other ideas? I think “Tea & Talk” could be improved upon and have received a few ideas - thank you!


I hope to see you Monday night.


Cheers,

 

Marcia