Hi, All.
I hope you’re well.
This letter has various types of information so please skip down to the one/s of interest.
TOPICS:
1. Upcoming Meeting
2. Discussion about Chartering
3. Organizing, Volunteering, Chartering, A Planning Meeting
4. Elected Officers
5. Name Change?
6. Upcoming Topics
1. Upcoming Meeting Schedule
We’ll meet the 1st and 3rd Mondays at 7PM in the Rappahannock Room. The next meeting is Monday, 11/21 at 7PM.
2. Discussion about Chartering
We decided to go forward with the Charter application after discussing other options such as meeting in homes.
3. Purpose
The purpose is discussion involving critical thinking and friendly banter.
4. Elected Officers
President: Marcia Stein
Vice President: Joan Humphrey
Secretary: Bill Cox
5. Name Change?
In the meeting, we decided to change the name to “Logical Fallacies.” I am now hesitating over this name as I read more and don’t think it reflects what we want in our group but it was a great “in-joke!”
This doesn’t become an emergency until January’s Board meeting when I have to present paperwork and ask to get the charter. I hope you’re ok with us thinking about this and deciding in December.
6. Upcoming Topics
I just read an interesting article on Kiplinger’s website about paying off your mortgage prior to retirement. Thought it might be of interest. https://www.kiplinger.com/real-estate/mortgages/is-paying-off-your-mortgage-before-retirement-a-good-idea
Please bring a list of any of the following:
- how/where you get your news
- favorite websites
- your subscription magazines
- names of a few books you’ve recently read
- have you recently read an article of interest? What was it about?
We’ll use the list to determine topics.
I hope to see you Monday night. If I don’t see you, have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Cheers,
Marcia