The following is from our first email.
I am sending this email via blind copy and hope it doesn’t wind up in your spam folder. As you know, we were initially listed as “Coffee & Conversation” but the title was changed to “Tea & Talk.” If you have a better idea: bring it!
I’m excited to say we have 25 registered parties for our chat on Wednesday, May 18, 7:00 PM. It might be tight in the Rappahannock Room and if it is, we will quickly look for an alternative. When the weather is nicer, we could try going outside.
Several people indicated they would feel more comfortable if we used masks, and especially given the size of the room, I agree. For me, it’s a minor inconvenience to help another person feel more at ease and keep us healthy. I hope you feel the same way as we are requiring masks at this time.
In our first meeting, we will agree upon ground rules and introduce ourselves. I encourage you to bring a list of some topics you find interesting and how/where you usually find topics of interest. If we bring in initial notes, we will be more organized and have enough time for everyone.
It is okay if you’re a little shy in a group: most people are! I was in another group where a friend didn’t participate but listened carefully, took notes, and had topics to share with her kids. Whatever makes you most comfortable.
Cheers,
Marcia